Travel Paid, Pension, Bupa Private Healthcare, 28 days holiday, Life insurance
The role of a Document Controller involves taking the responsibility for managing and controlling all project documents and correspondence from the award of a contract through to final handover. This role is essential to the Project Team and the Document Controller must ensure all administrative and support roles are fulfilled. Depending on the size of the project this may or may not be a full-time role however, this will be determined at the tendering stage. The role is normally site-based. Time allocation will vary from project-to-project and may alter during the duration of the project depending on the individual demands at any given time.
Document Controllers will be allocated to individual projects by the Lead Document Controller, and, on occasion, the Document Controller will be expected to work on several different projects. This will be controlled and monitored and, where possible, allocation will be based on geographical location, current workloads, skill sets available and previous working relationships.
The role also requires close liaison with the Lead Document Controller in order that company procedures and protocols are closely maintained. The manager will be there as your point of contact for all issues but also to ensure you are supported and trained in the areas you wish to develop over the next few years.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
Below are some guidelines on what a Document Controllers' role and responsibilities cover:
- Arrange & attend the Pre-Start Meeting to establish the requirements from each member of the project team. Minutes and Pre-Start Check list to be updated and issued by the Document Controller and closed out as and when the individual actions are complete.
- Assist as and where practically possible with the site set up arrangements as per the 'Site Standards'.
- Establish order requirements from Eurotec/Bents; using a specific checklist to be completed and agreed with the relevant PM prior to final order.
- Ensure site stationery, forms, folders, documents and associated administrative supplies are available arranging and ordering via Paper Round
- Set up of the site filing system and maintaining throughout the Project. NB it has been agreed that all files will be stored electronically other than the Health & Safety Files and drawings. All documents must be current and easily available.
- Printing, logging and recording of all RAMS, Hot Work Permits and Permits to Work throughout the project.
- Set up a Sub-Contractor pack of all relevant customised standard forms for access via Procore.
- Uploading of all information onto the Document Control System; Procore. The Document Controller will be responsible for keeping this system and all registers up to date at all times and issue all necessary information to all parties as and when required.
- Preparing & issuing of newsletters, site signage and other documentation as required.
- Arranging & maintaining hard copy drawings on site in both A3 and A1/A0. Full size copies are to be stored neatly within a drawing rack and if required the storing of all superseded drawings in an easily accessible manner. When drawings are received these are to be printed in order to copy the information required to populate the drawing register i.e. drawing number, title, revision, etc.
- Drawings to be cross referenced with the issued registers and any errors or missing information reported back to the person/company responsible.
- Drawing Registers are to be displayed within the front of each rack or on the wall above in order for the Project Team to find information required.
- Maintaining all site records including RFIs, CVIs, CAIs, Technical Submittals drawing approvals, correspondence and any other information that is required by the Project Team. Logging details onto the relevant register & liaising with the originator to ensure responses are processed through to closure. Note - this will vary from site-to-site depending on the type of contract we are working to (full D&B or traditional).
- Registering the site with CCS and assisting with necessary actions to ensure that the site complies and obtains necessary scoring.
- Arranging meetings i.e. Clients, Sub Contractors, Directors' Meetings etc. Invites are to be issued and followed up to ensure attendance.
- Play an active role in the various meetings on site and be prepared to take minutes and issue in a timely manner i.e. within 2 days.
- Preparation of weekly/fortnightly Progress Reports (using the dashboard format or a format that has been agreed by us and the professional team). Reports must be prepared and issued in a timely manner. Note: All information from the Project Team MUST be provided to the Document Controller at least two days prior to the Progress Meeting and issued to the Professional Team within 24/48 hours in advance of the meeting (exact timings will depend on the report cycles).
- Ensure blank permits are displayed and general site paperwork is kept, maintained and filed as required.
- The current snagging tool that all our sites should now be operating is via the Procore system and can also be used by the team via the mobile app. Should any training be required, please arrange through IT and your manger.
- Organise the handover 'day' function (site based - level of function to be agreed with Contracts Manager).
- Archiving of all project paperwork as per the agreed list, completion of relevant Iron Mountain documentation and arranging collection.
- Arrange a 'post contract review' within two weeks of the end of the project.
- Sub-Contractor and Project Directories are to be populated with all contract details for all parties involved within the project via Procore - this will also help when chasing O & M info.
- Carry out general administrative duties on site such as answering the phone, dealing with the post, general filing and processing stationery requests.
- All documentation produced is to be 100% accurate, spell-checked and consistent, in standard company format without errors.
- On occasion the Document Controller may not be fully utilised on site. On these occasions the Document Controller will be asked to help in the Head Office with any administrative duties as required, identified and managed by the Lead Document Controller and HR.
- Competitive Salary + bonus + travel
- Private medical + dental cover
- Pension matching scheme
- Competitive family friendly policies
< Back to vacancies