£55000 Per Annum Paid Travel, Private Healthcare, Income Protection, Life Assurance, Dental Scheme,
BW success is built on our commitment to providing sustainable development and our ability to achieve industry leading standards of excellence within all of our projects. This is due to our strong Environmental & Sustainability team who are all extremely committed to making a difference in the industry.
Reporting into the Head of Environmental & Sustainability, the successful candidate will be responsible for defining and developing both our environmental & sustainability drive through the business and with all our clients which will ensure the business can deliver on its strategy to provide sustainable, successful projects. A strong knowledge of construction is essential to bring real value to this role
Job Duties & Responsibilities: -
- Carry out regular internal audits & analysis of environmental performance on site, providing internal and external reports as necessary
- Ensure the safe delivery of all targeted Ska/BREEM jobs through effective communication of requirements to site and consultant teams
- Manage the internal development of the company's SWMP process and procedures
- Carry out regular internal audits to ensure that the company's compliance is maintained
- Development and deliver Environmental Awareness training to all internal staff in order to support the company's Environmental Management programme
- Maintain running records of BW waste figures, CCS scores, updated monthly
- Maintain active dialogue and communication with staff throughout the business, providing updates on important Environmental Activity
- Attend seminars/training days in order to maintain best practice and keep up to date with current industry requirements
The successful candidate will need to illustrate the following skills:
- Great communication skills both written and verbal
- Tenacity and a drive to deliver - this is a demanding role that requires a great deal of persistence, resilience, strong mindedness and drive together with a flexible approach
- Strong IT skills within Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Either working towards or achieved BREEAM AP Status
- This position will require daily travel to London based sites.
In return we can offer the opportunity to work for an exciting organisation which is committed to putting Environmental & Sustainability issues on the map, a competitive benefits package to include private healthcare, dental plan, death in service, income protection, pension, paid travel and the chance to be part of the team that helps take BW into the top 3 organisations within the Fit-out market.
BW are committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness, and transparency. We believe everyone has an important role in ensuring diversity and equal opportunities in the workplace.
To ensure we deliver on our targets D&I is included without 3 Layers commitments (Innovation, Inclusivity, Net Zero Carbon) which sets proactive measurable steps we are taking to make positive long-term change to D&I.
To help and support our commitments with have partnered with BPIC (Black Professionals in Construction), Building Equality & Stonewall. Having these partnerships strengthens the drive to make positive changes to the organisation and industry. We take part in the Stonewall Workplace Equality Index to understand how inclusive we are which reinforces the openness and transparency of BW.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment.
BW is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applicants from all suitably qualified person regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Applicants should apply by email to: Penny Creswell at email@example.com (if you require any additional help with your application please let us know).
< Back to vacancies